Monday, July 18, 2011

Coming Home and The Weekend

Saturday:
One of the hardest days I have experienced so far. I had to say goodbye to people I had been living with for three weeks.  My roomie was super funny and I meet a lot of awesome people there. My RA's were amazing. I had the pleasure of waking one up at 4:45 in the morning, I felt really bad about that :} The other one I did not get to say bye to, so I miss her a lot. Ally of my friends from Explo live on the East Coast (Chicago, Jersey, NY...) so I doubt I will get to see them again. Explo was a really good experience for me, and I wish I had gotten to stay for another three weeks.

After about 5 1/2 hours on a plane, where I was sitting next to an old lady who slept and snored for the first 2 hours and talked her mouth off the rest of the  time, I was ready to go home and sleep. Instead, I got taken to lunch at a Japanese reastaurant (I love Asian and Indian food) and had a great time telling my parents about everything; my roomie, my friend, the batmispha I got invited to, my RA's, Cruise Night, pretty much everything that happened. And of course they want me to write everything down so that I have some recolection if I ever need to write a paper about experiences I have had. I was thinking something more along the lines of a giant scrapbook filled to the top of pictures from my friends cameras. After lunch we went home and decided to see the 7:00 showing of Harry Potter 7 part 2. This was 10:00 at night for me so I was still tired, but it was Harry Potter!!!! It was AMAZING!!! I'm so sad that its all over....

Sunday:
Compared to Wellesley, San Diego/Oceanside is a desert. My eyes have gotten used to being surrounded by so much green, and now the scenery has completly changed.  It was my parents anniversary, so they had a special blessing at church. We then came home to host a party for the occasion where people ate up the 5 dozen enchiladas that my mother hade made (yummy!!!) I was the photographer and the kinda-babysitter for the party. Here are some of the pics I took:
                                                             the "wedding cake"
                                                   sunflowers my mother had gotten
                                                  my cousin Nicky getting ready to eat
                                               my cousin Aidan smiling for the camera
                                                 Aidan playing with his new toy
                                                  Nicky and my cousin Sarah playing
                             

                                                           Tia Veronica and Nicky laughing
                                                         Grandma smiles for the camera
7:37

Monday:
Woke up, did laundry, went to a family friend's house to play wii, went home, slept, watched a movie, went back to sleep. I'm so lazy :}, but I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment