Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ninth Grade Orientation

Freshman Year, here I come!!! Friday-I had my ninth grade orientation. We first checked in, then we were introduced to our "blue keys". Blue keys are kind-of like  "big sister, little sister" at Wellesley. Blue keys eat lunch with you and your friends, you eat lunch with them and their frinds, you hang out after school or during the weekend, you help each other get ready for the social events (Halloween Dance, Winter Formal, Prom!). All in all, you're supposed to be really close with your blue key. Although last year the blue keys and their buddies worked for about two weeks, this year's blue key program is much better. My blue key is Channelle Gaines. She's super nice and helpful. During orientation we went over the do's and don'ts in high school (which teachers are the best, where to eat lunch, what's the best way to do your homework, when to get the pe and health credits done and over with, clubs and when to join them, how to get past girl grudges/fights, basically how to survive). She's a makeup/fashion diva and a studier combined together. Already she's asked me what I'm going to wear to winter formal . I gave her a  big scare when I told her that I was going to wear a hot pink tutu, black leggings, and blue pointe shoes. :)
I got my schedule. I am happy, and disappointed. Here's my schedule:
Period 1: Ancient World History
Period 2: Bio/Chem 1: Biology
Period 3: Geometry Honors
Period 4: Spanish 2 Honors
Period 5/1 : Clubs/Tutorial
Period 5/2 : Service Learning
Period 6: Photography!!!
Period 7: English 9
Period 8 : PE (Volleyball!!!)

Scared, but excited. School starts in 4 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment